View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #10
Janette55
Connoisseur
Janette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it is

Device: Sony 900
"If the computer you are transferring to already has a calibre installation, then the Welcome wizard wont run. In that case, click the calibre icon in the tooolbar and point it to the newly copied directory. You will now have two calibre libraries on your computer and you can switch between them by clicking the calibre icon on the toolbar."

This is from the FAQ about transfering from old computer to new. To me that seems to say I will have two libraries, I am hoping to find a way to have only one library.

There is an icon on my desktop (its a shortcut), which I click to open calibre and download books on, then send them to my reader. On it, in the area to find location of library it states:

C\Users\Administration\Documents\calibre library

There are three selections:

use existing
create empty library
move to new location

the first one, existing, is marked.

When I had downloaded the books, my son made a folder and we transfered copies of the books there, I think they are in my documents, I wil check to find out. Not all of them were saved, I plan to do so what I have presently and new ones onto on the external hardrive if I can, as a backup.

Will do as suggested and get back later if I have more questions.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Janette55 is offline   Reply With Quote