View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzmijarevic View Post
Hi!

I have been trying to configure Windows XP to automatically start calibre-server (with options) during system startup (boot process), but with no success.

The idea is to have calibre-server working in the background. Based on suggestions in the Calibre Forum and on my own fiddling with Windows, I can point out three approaches for automatically starting calibre-server:

1) Adding a Scheduled Task (as described in forum thread 74683)
This can only work for the automatic startup of calibre-server during a logon of a user. It can only work if the user defined in the scheduled task is the same user that is logging in. The startup opens a DOS (or CMD) window with "C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe" in the window title.
Automatic startup during boot is unsuccessful regardless of user credentials.
I don't log in, yet I do have the server running with this method...

Run: "C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe" --daemonize --password wachtwoord --username naam
Start in: C:\PROGRA~1\Calibre2
Run as: domainname\username (with password, naturally)

Schedule: at system startup
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote