View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I live in Canada and I have a Nook. I also have two friends with one. We all buy books with no hassles on our nooks, but we use a US shipping and billing address. You can pretty much use any address.

For actual shipping there are lots of threads (there is a sticky in the Nook forum here) on how to do it. Most people use one of those forwarding companies, or they order form another site that ships to Canada. The simplest way would be if you knew somebody in the US. Then you ship it to them and get them to ship it with insurance to you (it costs a lot less that way).

The reason I didn't go for the Kindle3 was because in Canada we pay an average $2 more for each ebook, and I can only use books from Amazon (you can, but for DRMed ebooks it is a pain and I just wanted simple). I can also get library books on my Nook, where my library's catalog doesn't support mobi files.

If you (or your wife) don't mind those things, then go for a Kindle. They have a better battery and are lighter/thinner. I am not sure if the battery is better now on Nook with the 1.5 firmware update, but I charged my Nook on Tuesday night before I left to go to NY and 2.5 days later my battery is down to 80%. I haven't read more than a couple hrs a day, but my nieces have been playing around with it. Page turning is definitely an improvement, and the finger swiping on the lcd is much easier to do. The font contrast is also improved. People love the shelves feature which I assume is similar to the Kindles collections. I rooted my nook so I don't use the shelves, I use tags or categories (which is basically the same).

I don't know if any of this will help, but at least you might have a bit more info than when you started.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote