View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
So instead of actually helping someone with a question about what can be done with an unregistered Kindle, people are just telling the poster to just register it.
You could have told the OP as well. You've got a Kindle and its easy enough to unregister it and then register.

Registering it is the easiest way to get it fully working. Why bother hacking it? K1 and K2 registration hacks were needed because only the US really uses CDMA. If you had a K1/K2 outside of the US then it was impossible to register as you can't do it via USB and they didn't have WiFi.

If you're paranoid about Amazon then you can leave wireless disabled forever after that initial registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
I'm also curious about what can be done with an unregistered Kindle, other than "register it", which I (and I suspect the OP) already know.
The OP pretty much lists it already. No registration = No collections and no connection to Amazon so that means no Kindle store items or syncing.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote