View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Amazon UK Kindle Store, What's the Deal?

A little background first: I live in a country where Amazon won't sell to me their Kindle nor their Kindle Books (It's Indonesia by the way). But I can get this restriction around, mainly helped by hiding behind Hotspot Shield when buying ebook and use gift certificate that I buy for myself.

Now I've noticed that Amazon has Amazon.co.uk Kindle Store recently launched. Curiously I browsed around Amazon.co.uk and find that most ebook there is cheaper than their US Store counterpart. Like for example, I just bought And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie for US$ 6.99 in Amazon.com. And then I found that Amazon.co.uk has the same ebook for US$ 5 or so. It's the same with some bestseller that displayed in their frontpage. Like Millenium Trilogy which is sold at price range US$ 4-5 and The Help (Amazon.com has US$ 12.99 while UK has about US$5). Is it me who too quickly make simple generalization based in this small sample?

I'm trying to build my Agatha Christie ebook library and already bought 3 ebooks (It's from Amazon.com). And I think Amazon.co.uk is more attractive to me now when they have the same ebook with cheaper price. So I try to change and transfer my Amazon and Kindle account to UK address and basically do the same setup with Hotspot Shield and buy myself another gift certificate. But when I hit buy now it was replied with pages that says I was from unconfirmed country and I need to update my country. Does anybody any workaround to this problem?
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote