Thread: Touch eReader Storage Error
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanel609 View Post
I do use Calibre, but my error had nothing to do with it. I was away at the time had had just turned the ebook on.

I've heard from KOBO who advised, "We are currently investigating the cause of the error, however, it is likely an issue between the database on the Touch not mirroring the database on the desktop app exactly. When the database check is made by the Touch, if it does not match what it sees from the latest data received from the desktop app, it can cause the error. This is why it requests a factory reset."

They clarified that "Non Kobo books should not present an issue, the issue is related to the database number, everytime it is updated, the revision number changes which needs to be identical with the desktop app. We are not sure what exactly is causing the error but we are working to identify it as soon as possible. Please contact us, if you experience any further difficulties."

I did the factory reset twice. Since then, while the reader sleeps it never shuts off so I haven't had the problem again. Not sure if that's just a way around it until they get it sorted, but it's working for me.
Hi, these directions are not entirely accurate. We perform a simple database integrity and file system integrity check when the device powers on and when you reboot the device. If we encounter corruption in either case we show this dialog.
mdclements is offline   Reply With Quote