View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #20
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
So waiting for a few months to buy the newest book is "forcing" someone to get a stolen version of the book?
I agree, if maybe not quite so forcefully.

If there is no reason to think there's going to be an e-book version out at all, I see nothing wrong with buying a paper copy and then getting an e-copy from the darknet if you don't mind dealing with those sites. That's just format switching.

If the e-book version is coming out later, though, why not wait? We wait for the paperback version all the time. There's a risk to the publisher there, that by the time the later version comes out you won't want it anymore: they'll be sacrificing the "impulse buy" market. But hey, if that's what they want to do... (shrug)

Personally I wish I had the time and energy to switch a large portion of my paperbacks to e-book versions. But I don't really want to put in the time/money to get a scanner and learn how to work it, and then OCR and proof everything. I admire and appreciate the MobileRead folks who post out-of-copyright works--not least because I'm to lazy to emulate them :-)
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote