View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Ekhtelion
Ekhtelion began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
PRS 505 - unusual freeze

Hello again,

My second thread here ane second hope to find any help... Luckily JeffElkins was able to help me first time. (THANKS again )

So...

I am using my PRS 505 since July 2008. I imported it from US and my guarantee is now expired.

I was using it during this year without any problems. It was runing on 1.0 firmware and with some minor customization. Few weeks ago it suddenly freezed during the startup but luckily yellow led was blinking (STARTING UP screen). After some recharging I was able to unbrick it. Firstly I thought that it was caused by flat battery (it happened to me few times before) and recharging will do the trick. But freezes came up again and again...

Few days ago i finally unbricked PRS and formatted internal memory, erased card, downloaded and upgraded to 1.1 firmware and used PRScustomizer. I thought that changing soft will fix all my problems but I was wrong... I fully charged my reader and started reading. After... maybe 15 pages it simply freezed. Switching the power button only makes that yellow LED lights on now (NO blinking).

I read many posts about soft/hard reset, unbricking reset (10 times), 2sec-10sec-3sec reset. When I connect to PC via USB nothing happens except charging. After hour red LED turns off and yellow lights on. After few hours it turns OFF and red lights on...

I even tried overnight charging via standalone charger with no result. Now I'm a bit confused and I don't know what to do...

Sorry for my english. I assume it might be quite awkard.
Ekhtelion is offline   Reply With Quote