View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #44
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
with the VizPlex screen on the Gen3 I find that I can read (perhaps with a slightly larger font size) in much the same light levels I'd need for a paperback book.
I'll agree with Harry. I was a little disappointed at first with the Gen 3 compared to my Clie TH55 in some of my reading locations. Part of that was adjusting to e-ink vs LCD. After almost a week with it, I find the Cybook to be comfortable to use in lower light levels, although I've learned that font family and size selection (one of the key Cybook strengths) is important. And living in Florida, it is nice to be able to use its gorgeous screen outdoors.

I still prefer the Clie for reading in bed (vs. using a book light with e-ink or paper); otherwise, I prefer the Cybook.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote