View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #75
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni View Post
@twobob

this is getting crazier and crazier

I run on the pc
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ xmodmap -pke | egrep 29
keycode 29 = y Y

now on the kindle I run
./xmodmap -e "keycode = 29 a A"

and magically, on kterm used via vncviewer, the letter y works correctly, printing y and Y (with shift)
WTF???
Okay... I see you did read the manual. my bad

on mine (kindle) if I just run... xmodmap

Quote:
xmodmap: up to 3 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):

shift Shift_L (0x32), Shift_R (0x3e)
lock Caps_Lock (0x42)
control Control_L (0x25), Control_R (0x69)
mod1 Alt_L (0x40), Alt_R (0x6c), Meta_L (0xcd)
mod2 Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3
mod4 Super_L (0xce), Hyper_L (0xcf)
mod5 ISO_Level3_Shift (0x5c), Mode_switch (0xcb)
so. assuming that you are creating a temporarily "fixed" or "corrected" mapping. what would happen if you then rebooted.... It would be wrong again? yes?

It's AGES since I did this.... but... try just running xmodmap after a reboot, check the default mappings. Then run your command above and check they have been added.. then script the changes you need to be permanent.

I am NO expert in this area. I think I used this to remap the middle click on a touch to the left click for getting up blackbox menus.

HTH.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote