View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:11 AM   #11
Kismatt
lowly peon
Kismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A7, Win10 Tab, Paperwhite (7th Gen), Paperwhite (10th Gen)
I have authorized calibre manually through both firewalls - this error occurs after the threads are downloaded, after the ePub is created, and before the file ends up in the folder "calibre" inside the Calibre Library folder.

The Popular Science file was indicated as 'created' in the calibre program, but was an empty file - that last error was what I got when trying to view the file. (aka, there was no file)

I ran the setup again, upgraded to the newest version (0.8.28) and attempted to get News again. One of the 6 feeds managed to make it to the real ePub file (Engadget [Mon, 28 Nov 2011] (150)) but none of the others. I even restarted the computer, thinking it was due to the locked "Unknown" file folder, but no joy.

The error says "Unhandled exception" at the top of the window, if that makes any difference.

Here's the error I got when trying the Calibre Blog

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.28
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>WindowsError</b>:[Error 5] Access is denied: u'C:\\Users\\Kelly\\Calibre Library\\Unknown'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 317, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\fetch_news.py", line 62, in scheduled_recipe_fetched
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 196, in add_news
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 3121, in add_news
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 611, in set_path
File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'C:\\Users\\Kelly\\Calibre Library\\Unknown'

which I think is the same one as before.

I'll continue to poke and prod at it.
Kismatt is offline   Reply With Quote