View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
enriquep
Connoisseur
enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.enriquep shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-T3
Feature request: Different language = Different book

Hi all.

I think this has been mentioned before, but now I cannot find the precise thread where that happenned (if it did).

I have a basically bilingual library, with books in English and Spanish. I often add new, revised, versions of books - so when a new version of the book is added my automerge configuration is set to "overwrite" the old one. OK so far.

But the problem is that there is quite a number of books that share the same title (and author) in their Spanish and English versions (Moby Dick, Congo, Wilt... just to name a few). So, if I have a (say) Spanish version of the book in my library (correctly tagged as "Spanish") and add an English language version (even if it is tagged as "English") the "new" (English) version will overwrite my "old" (Spanish) version.

My question is: Will it be possible/reasonable to include "language" (apart from "title" & "author") in calibre's algorithms when it evaluates if a book "already exists in the calibre library"? - Also, does anyone else consider this a relevant issue... or is it only me?

In any case, thanks for everything and best from sunny Madrid.
-Enrique
enriquep is offline   Reply With Quote