View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
ronin688
Enthusiast
ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: REB-1100/ EBW-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Hey pasmith - just a few follow-up quesitons for you, if you don't mind...

1) The .avi is not a supported file type when I look at the specs. But...that just means that they don't have pre-loaded software that supports it, correct? So, in theory, I should be able to download a free app to play any of my .avi files?

3) Will there be something I can use to play library borrowed audio books that are .wma files (I had to download 'Overdrive Media Console' to read a book I borrowed recently on my PC).

6) I didn't realize you could use Reading Life right now...can I do that with my Kobo WiFi?

8) That zinio website for magazines looks great, but it doesn't have Entertainment Weekly or People in Canada It's kinda pricey though...I can get a discounted paper subscription for most of those for much cheaper. I do like the capability of buying single back-issues to mags I don't subscribe to, though! That's cool!

Thanks again for all the info!!!
I can answer one of those. I was actually just searching the getjar app store to see if the apps I use for media are there.

1) Getjar has the 'Rockplayer Lite' which is what I use on my android phone to play .avi and other formats not supported in the base software. I know for certain there are at least a couple more popular options but I've found Rockplayer does a decent job for me.

I use Winamp for music because it will sync through Wi-Fi with my PC and phone. I know it will play .wma but I'm not sure about the versions/drm imposed by a library loaned audiobook.
ronin688 is offline   Reply With Quote