View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #20
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
I was really more impressed with a promise of exporting notes and annotations as rtf to supplement epub file. Now I really don't know what to do with my existing readers and how to justify new one.
don't put too much stock in that export ability. From what I understood in the video, that ability to export notes from DRM (ADE in this case) content is at the will of the publisher. And he even made a point that many (I got the sense he meant most not a few) publishers are NOT on board with allowing the exporting of the notes though you can take them but they stay on the device only. So, as usual I suggest a wait and see thing to see how well this ability will be embraced by publishers even if the ability should easily fall under the umbrella of "fair use"...but these days Fair Use is whoever has the best lawyers not the real intent of that doctrine. So, likely this will be yet another pointless trip into the legal system over BOOKS and to retrieve rights most countries already allow for printed books. Publishers so want software rules and restrictions to apply and have ebooks considered to be software.

No matter, great video Charbax...thanks...very cool touch interface, was really impressed with how responsive it was. And almost anything is an improvement over resistive.

Last edited by brecklundin; 09-08-2010 at 04:05 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote