View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
I guess my frustration is that I'm trying to do the right thing, and Amazon's response was for me to either give the device back to the seller or just keep it myself, and that there was no way Amazon could get it back to the owner. They reiterated this several times, and I had 4 different reps/supervisors tell me this. So I straight up asked them what I should do and they said I am welcome to keep it (although it will remain unregistered), or recycle it.

I considered keeping it because I could just side load things onto it using Calibre, but a lot of the books I'm reading right now I paid for LEGALLY through Amazon to read on my Kindle Fire HD/iPhone4/Kindle 2/MacBook Kindle App have DRM, and won't show up on the unregistered Kindle Paperwhite without jumping through a LOT of hoops. So even though I paid for those books legally through Amazon, and even though Amazon TOLD me to keep the Paperwhite, I can't really use it.

That's what I get for trying to do the right thing.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote