View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Yes, the PPI is wrong, at 1280x720, a smaller S3 is about 300 and the Note II about 264, so it's a misquote.

People are buying phablets because they don't want to carry 2 devices, a phablet replaces both a phone and a tablet, so one device to rule them all. And with accessories starting to pop-up that make use simpler (like smartwatches that show you messages, missed calls and such), functionality is even better.
I hear you about the 2 devices thing, but when you consider the cost of having a data plan on your cell phone, other possibilities begin to be attractive.

I am going with a Droid I as a WiFi mini-tab in a belt pouch, and a simple small feature phone in my pocket. A simple phone on my wrist (watch) replacing the one in my pocket might work also.

I don't like two pouches or holsters on my belt. It becomes bothersome when you are strapping in sometimes. Always getting hung up. Another possibility I have used is a vest with camera and cargo pockets.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote