View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
ePub to Mobi issues with tables

Ok I bought "The New Atkins for a New You." from the nook.com for my wife's nook. The book contains a number of tables with shading, and throughout the book they give example paragraphs that have a grey background and a back border around them. When these converted to Mobi, I lose almost all of that formatting.

I have also purchased "Dragons of Autumn Twilight" from nook.com and have gone through the same process to decrypt and convert to mobi for my Kindle (wife has a nook. I have a Kindle). This book is really beautifully formatted. Each chapter starts with a very nice drop cap. When I convert to Mobi, I lose the drop cap, and instead get a large letter that sticks ABOVE the first line.

I would like to open a tick for the issue, but I don't want to attach copyrighted books I purchased to the bug report in launchpad.

What is the best way to report this kind of issue to help make Calibre a better product?
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote