View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 06:03 AM   #14
canpolat
Connoisseur
canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.canpolat for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Xodo
@skillachie

I remember trying BookFusion a long time ago, and I thought it was not fit for my needs. But now, it looks pretty solid, and I am considering converting to it from my current workflow. I have some questions and could not find related information anywhere on the site. I hope you have some answers for me:

1. I uploaded 8 PDF books to try it out. The "processing" time seems very long. It did not really bother me that much in the beginning, but when I do a simple change on a book it takes the same amount of "processing" to get that edit in place. What is this "processing" and why does it take so much time? (The 'simple change' here being removing the 'Public?' flag from a book and it has been processing for the last 20 minutes or so).
2. After the processing, BookFusion correctly read the XMP data from my books, but fields like Publisher, Language and Subject are not fetched. Only the Title and Author fields were presented. Does BookFusion attempt to read XMP data? If so, would it be possible to at least parse the 'Subject' field and use it to populate Tags? I think that is almost a one-to-one match.
3. As a personal user I don't see any limits as to how many books I can store in total. Is it unlimited? If it is unlimited does BookFusion promise to keep it that way in the future? If not, is there a plan on introducing paid plans?
4. Can I share my books with other people who also have BookFusion accounts? If so, how (do I need an organization/enterprise account for that)?
5. Is there a way to view the books as a list instead of grid?

These are my initial questions. It may sound 'too many' but it's only because I am genuinely interested and need to understand it before the move.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by canpolat; 08-26-2017 at 06:20 AM.
canpolat is offline   Reply With Quote