Thread: Touch Why I Gave Up On 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #8
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
like i've said in another thread. every simple task looks like enormous strain for kobo and life threatening operation...and people are spoiled. they want to use their eink readers for making phd thesis on them, with a whole bags of notes, annotations, dictionaries, highlighting texts, exporting notes, reading complicated pdf's with pictutres and diagrams, and god knows what...take a break. put some books, read it, delete it, read another, that's it...if you want to do some serious scientific work go to public library and bring some pens and papers...
I'm a simple guy (or girl... or dog...(this being the internet and all)). I want my ereader to work. I want the cover of the book I'm currently reading to appear on the sleep/power off screen. I want to be able to mark text so I can edit ebooks. I want the book I'm currently reading to stay on the main screen when I add new books to the reader, so I don't have to go into the library/books/next page/next page/next page/next page/next page to get to this book. I want italics to be displayed as italics and not bold. I want to have less than a Grand Canyon's worth of space between lines of text. I want my ebooks to not be deleted if I update on on the device without deleting it first. I want my disk space on the device to be my disk space, not consumed by recommended reads and other advertising. I want to be able to read ebooks on the device without first having to connect it to a PC and have a kobo account. I want to return to the page I was reading when my device went to sleep, not a few pages before. I want the percentage read of the book to be displayed in the library listing. I want the annotation selection to be stable and not randomly change. I want to be able to always select a single word for dictionary lookup purposes and not get the whole page selected and then be told that there is no definition for a whole page worth of text. I want the battery to not come loose in my device and go clunking around inside of it. I want a firmware release that doesn't get pulled and then followed by a bug fix release. I want a device to understand that if I haven't set up any WiFi networks and WiFi is set off, than I probably don't want to enable it on the fly so I can download dictionaries. I want to receive new firmware releases as soon as they are released and not a week later. I want a very long paragraph to not be displayed on the next page, when there is plenty of room left on the current page. I want protection in case I try to load the firmware for the wrong device onto my device (or in case Kobo tries to do this accidentally). I want devices with obvious manufacturing defects (bright pixels) to not be put on sale. I want to not be forced to update to a new version of the firmware. I don't want the font size to shrink to the smallest possible when moving to a new chapter. I don't want the font size to not jump for acceptable to huge in one jump of the adjustment slider. I want the table of contents to keep track of where I am in the book. I want proper shelf behaviour. I want to be able to select the last character of a paragraph (ok... I can do this accidentally sometimes, but never on purpose). I want the rest of the line to be displayed when the last line of a paragraph is at the top of a screen and the last word is hypenated. I want the annotations to be displayed in a specific order, not in a random one.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote