View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 AM   #1
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Australian GST on ebook from overseas.

Maybe an Australian on the forum can help me. I've just bought an ebook from a South African supplier. I used Paypal(Australia) and the bill included Australian GST. I clicked on PAY because the amount of GST was small.

I'm wondering about whether or not the GST should be there. I've googled around and can't find a straight answer.

I've bought real books and ebooks from Amazon(USA) and Amazon(UK) for many years. I've also bought real products from other overseas companies. I have used both credit cards and Paypal to do this. I've never been charged GST before.

I've sent a query to the company but haven't received a response yet.

Can anyone tell me.....

* Is it the South African company charging GST or Paypal (Australia) doing it?

* Should they be doing it?
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote