View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #7
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
The kettle of fish gets hotter.

Silly me, I want a copy of "Mac OS X Internals: A Systems Approach" and I don't want to buy the hard back, guillotine it and scan/OCR it so I can read it comfortably.

Its available in Adobe only, argh. Well its an imperfect world right? This is just one more of those little reminders of that already established fact.

I head over to Amazon to grab it before the Tron de-rezzer gets to it but I'm too late. Google takes me to diesel-ebooks.com and everything is great until during the check out process it tells me my mac.com email address is a free email account (on the same order as Yahoo/GMail) um really? I wish Apple knew it was free! Anyway, for my protection they won't let me purchase the ebook unless I can figure out what they think is a non-free email account.

Thanks guys!

I tried 4 other email addresses and all are considered to be free email addresses by them (including my corporate email account and two of my own personally owned domains.)

So two lost sales for ebook merchants today, and perhaps a lost sale for an author as well...

You have to have your own ebook help desk in order to purchase ebooks and the industry wonders why ebook sales suck???
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote