View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 04:20 AM   #29002
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, mine is closer to COPD at this point, though we haven't changed our diagnosis yet. But it's definitely on the horizon.
COPD is usually progressive... Perhaps it's time to stop it before it gets to that point.

Quote:
That being said, I could probably still get my doc to sign off on diving.
If there is still need even for the occasional bronchiodiolator, the danger of barotrauma exists. I wouldn't chance it. Breathing in isn't the problem. It's not being able to breath out when ascending that causes the problems.

Quote:
And I don't do cold water diving.
On this I am in full and hearty agreement. If the water temps require more than a shorty wetsuit, we don't dive it! When I see people suiting up for Arctic 'under-ice' dives, with two layers of longjohns under a heavy drysuit, I shake my head in wonder!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote