Thread: Bad Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #34
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
Lindsay Buroker - The Emperor's Edge (a high fantasy in the era of steam)

I know it's bad to rag on self published authors, but this book was terrible. Not so much the writing style, as I think this author could do some really good work
I haven't read this one, but I did enjoy Flash Gold which was a steam punk short story of hers. I haven't read the continuation yet, but I plan to in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
I try to read a lot of self published book as there's some absolute gems there like G Wells Taylor, I pretty much spent the last two weeks only reading his books.
I really enjoyed him too, although I tired of hearing about hernias in the first book. I have read the first in his series plus the short story follow-up (Painkiller) and plan on continuing this series too.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote