View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #79
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
But how can you be sure that the recent fall is due to the rumors and not just a continuation of the previous trend?
Speaking from the perspective of a company, why would you NOT rush to remove any false information that could be dragging down your stock? Only by removing it can you be sure it's not negatively impacting the stock price.

Quote:
Define "has not hesitated".
As soon as is reasonably possible.

Quote:
Take the iPhone mini for example. CNET had an article about it on December 10th, when the stock was going down, and it only took Apple a month to get around to dispelling the rumors.
There is no factual assertion in that article regarding the Mini. It's pure speculation. As I previously said, I think only factual assertions of significance which can impact a stock price negatively need to be addressed (if false).

As an aside, I think an iPhone Mini has the potential to both hurt and help the stock. It is not an inherently negative idea. It would all depend how Apple implemented such a phone, and how one wants to view it within the broader context of the mobile market. I also never thought the rumor had legs. I think you'll see a phablet-size iPhone before you ever see a Mini one.

--Pat