View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by _savage View Post
Thanks DaleDe! Is this the HarryT tutorial that you're talking about? It seems a little old. I found a few hints regarding what to do here as well.

I didn't know about the lack of CSS support; I just started to read up on the MOBI format. How is it handled then, by using plain HTML attributes, and styling text with
Code:
<i>italic</i>
instead of
Code:
<span style="font-style:italic;">italic</span>
?
Exactly, everything is is the HTML itself like the old days of 3.2. Yes Harry's info is a bit dated but mobi format is also a bit dated. The tutorials on the mobipocket web site are also a bit dated. Amazon has a bit more up to date data on AZW which is mobi plus Amazon DRM but in fact Amazon no longer encourages direct coding but rather conversion of ePub.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote