View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
We can't do anything about a "grid view" until we make some progress cleaning up preferences control. This is when we would start dealing with fonts and styles.

Current plans are to do the "pull" client (the OPDS client). The preferences stuff should come after that.
Personally, I agree that working on core stuff like functionality, reliability should be more important than visual appeal, but I think the latter shouldn't be underestimated when it comes to people deciding to buy. The fact that there's a market for Live Wallpaper apps indicates this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
As we don't use the cover in the book, we need to allow the user to specify the cover size. People with devices that don't have much memory would continue to use small thumbnails, but devices with more memory could use bigger. @jackie_w: we could enable/disable aspect ratio when making the choice. Of course, Steven might decide to do things differently.
Anything which lets users make their own choices sounds good to me

If you find the time to enhance the visuals at some point, that would be great.

P.S. I forgot to say, I particularly like the feature which lets you view a book's full synopsis (and all the rest of the metadata) without having to open the book. I haven't come across another reading app which does that.

Last edited by jackie_w; 09-18-2012 at 10:28 AM.