View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
The very first Tip at the top of pg 75 of Liz Castro's HTML XHTML & CSS (6th ed.) says
Quote:
Text and inline elements should not be places directly between the opening and closing blockquote tags. Instead, enclose the text and inline elements in a block-level tag--like p, for example--within the blockquote tags.
I didn't know that either. Which is why I got the book... So maybe putting <p> and </p> around it will fix things. Perhaps if I knew how to read XHTML schemas, it would tell me that <br /> could only appear inside a block-level tag - but I'm too lazy to parse schemas.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote