View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #14
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you using graphics for say chapter titles where you could take them out and use text instead?

What sort of book is this that has 1500 images?
I've got one textbook that seems to have every table and code fragment embedded as a JPEG. 1960 of the suckers! It has some genuine diagrams in there too. The book's only 80MB though, tiny compared to Karen's The PDF version of it is just over 8MB...

I don't know if it is common to render code fragments as images or not. It is one way to avoid line wrapping problems I suppose.

The textbook in question is DTrace - Dynamic Tracing in Oracle Solaris, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD. The epub is quite readable on my Sony PRS-T1 despite the size.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote