Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle 4 not showing books?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
superfuzzy
superfuzzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4
Kindle 4 not showing books?

Hello, first time user here

I bought my partner a 4th gen Kindle for Xmas, since I have been so happy with my 3rd gen.

She has lots of PDFs that she wants to read but they have not been cooperating. Most of the files she adds, seem to transfer properly but we cannot see them on the Kindle. Some of them worked but the majority did not. We tried copying them in Windows to the Documents folder, which did not work. Then we got Calibre and transferred them that way (converting to MOBI in the process). Still they do not show up, even though looking at the device through Calibre shows them as having transferred correctly.

I read somewhere on here someone suggested rebooting the device, so I held the power button (the 4th gen does not have a slider) for about 15-20 secs. It rebooted as normal, with the progress bar. However, upon getting to the home screen, it showed no books at all! I tried searching for some, which returned nothing. Then going back to the home screen, a few books showed up but still nothing compared to what was there before...

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is the device faulty or could it be down to just many bad files?

please!
superfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote