View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gassville View Post
I'm running OSX 10.6.8 on a circa 2006 intel dual core mac.

I am a first time sigil user. Today I attempted to install Sigil-0.6.2 for OSX. Downloaded the dmg file, opened it, copied the app to my apps folder, and attempted to launch it. An error panel immediately pops up: "You can't open the application Sigil.app because it is not supported on this type of Mac".

Also, the app's desktop icon is an S covered by the universal no indicator (circle and slash). So, I believe the error message is coming from the OS, not from sigil itself.

I have had this same thing happen to me with one other app (called Ready), and I found that the app required OpenCL, which my machine is too old to support. So ... does Sigil require OpenCL?

I tried looking through support documents, and this forum, for info about OpenCL but I didn't find any.

Mainly I'm looking for confirmation that sigil won't run on this machine, so that I won't spend more time trying.

Thanks for any help,
Gassville
This subject has been recently covered.
There is a older MAC compiled version here (in Sigil section) at MR (not AT the official download site) that appears to function.
I will leave the work of looking back in the last few months for it, to you. You might spot some othe good stuff while you browse
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote