View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
LupinePredator
LupinePredator began at the beginning.

Device: Coby Kyros MID1042
Problem importing my books to Coby Kyros MID1042

Hello, everyone. I'm having issues with importing my existing ebooks from the computer to the tablet. As the title says, I'm using a Coby Kyros MID1042, which uses the Alkido reader. The Alkido store has a lousy collection of books, so I'm trying to import my existing epub books. After hours of hit or miss attempts, I decided to go to the Coby support site. This is what I found:

-------------------------------------------

Copy your ePub files into the SD card (in the eBooks/import folder). Make sure your ePub file ends with .epub extension.

1. Connect the tablet to your computer with the USB cable.
2. Pull down the status bar of your tablet and then click on USB connected.
3. Now go to your computer, you will be either able to see all files in the Removable disk (E already or there will be option for you to open folder to view files.
4. Look for eBooks folder and open it.
5. Look for Import folder and open it.
6. Copy your ePub file(s) into the Import folder, make sure your file(s) end(s) with .epub extension.
7. Go to your tablet, pull down the status bar of your tablet and then click on "Turn off USB storage".
8. A context menu will be brought up, select "Turn off" option.
9. Go to the Home screen of the Aldiko application, click on "Menu" button of your tablet and then select "Import".
10. A context menu will be brought up, select "Import" option.
11. Click "OK" to confirm.
12. After the import process completes, a context menu will be brought up to notify you. Select "Dismiss".

You have just imported your own books into Aldiko. The imported books will be on the bookshelf. To view your imported books, just simply go to bookshelf, click on the Menu button of your phone, select "Sort" and then "By Download Date" option. Your imported books will be displayed on the top of the bookshelf.

---------------------------------------------------

The problem occurs at the emphasized step 9. There is no menu button anywhere on the home screen of Alkido, or on the tablet itself that I can find. The user manual does not mention one anywhere. I should mention that the word "phone" in the last paragraph gives me pause - I can't find anything on the Coby site that addresses this process specifically for the MID1042 tablet.

If anyone is familiar with this tablet, and can help me, I will be forever grateful.

Thanks
LupinePredator is offline   Reply With Quote