View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 01:59 PM   #10
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
... But, I wonder, is it heavier than a magazine? I don't know I don't have one.

BOb
Well, it's a bit lighter than a fat issue of Vogue, but a bit heavier than an issue of the Economist. Also, lighter than any of the Harry Potter hard-covers. And I am including the Amazon cover in there.

Maybe, if you are standing for an hour on the subway, holding the rail with one hand for dear life, while balancing the Kindle DX in the other, the K v.2 would be a better choice. But for me, the weight is not the issue (actually, my rather petite wife is the one who uses the K DX, and she doesn't seem to have a problem with the weight, either.)

The BIG issue for me is, the f****d up PDF implementation (or more precisely, the lack of it.)

Without support for hyperlinks, or zoom, or dictionary, the Kindle DX is unusable as a PDF device.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote