Thread: Generate Cover
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
I've got a somewhat related question. I recently bought an Android phone and started using Aldiko, so I'm anxious to convert books I've scanned to .epub with pretty downloaded covers (being too lazy to go back and scan the covers ). I have Word files of the OCR'd and proofread text, so I resaved as filtered HTML and added them to Calibre, after which I added downloaded metadata and covers and converted to .epub. In some cases I had .rtf files instead and added them directly to Calibre. I see the cover in Calibre, but on my phone, it only shows briefly when I open some books. Books that I purchased in .epub format show the cover until I turn to the first page of text. I'm very unfamiliar with .epub, never having previously owned a mobile device that could read it (edited to add: I guess that's not true - my n800 would, but I hardly ever read on it) - can anyone please tell me why this happens and what to do about it?

Last edited by wayrad; 06-22-2010 at 02:09 PM.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote