View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTrade View Post
Third, and most bizzare - I closed Sigil, went to the empty Audio and Images folders and re-pasted the missing files. I then left the Audio folder open in File Explorer and then, on another File Explorer window, clicked on the EPUB. Sigil opened up and a second later, all the files in the Audio folder were erased - right in front of my eyes! I checked, and the same thing happened in the Images folder.
I'm not following at all. If you've closed Sigil, then you have no Audio and Images folders to go to with File Explorer (unless you're messing with Sigil's temp folders--which you've assured me you're not). An EPUB is a zip archive and you don't have access to its files and folders, once it's created, unless you unzip it (or use archiving software to access them--which is essentially the same thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTrade View Post
It may (or may not) be helpful to note that in the C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp folder there are several Sigil subfolders, two of which (Sigil-2aKwbE and Sigil-5tMg1p) with an identical Date Modified time stamp, plus 3 more files like that, time-stamped from earlier. All of these are empty (except for an empty OEBPS folder).
It IS helpful, but probably not in the way you might imagine. This is exacly what I meant when I said you should not be messing with Sigil's temp folders/files when Sigil has them open, or is attempting to open them.

I think you may be confusing the self-contained *.epub archive with the original files/folders you created it from. Either that, or you're pasting image files into Sigil's temp working directories via File Explorer (with Sigil open, or opening), which you definitely should not be doing. The only thing you can do in "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp" with regard to Sigil is break things. It really should be considered a complete no-fly zone (with possibly the exception of trying to recover some data after a crash) for users.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-29-2017 at 05:56 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote