View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #8
JackTrade
JackTrade began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That's not really possible. If they were showing in the Book Browser when the EPUB was saved ... then the images were saved with the EPUB.

The only possible exception to this would be if you're using a Mac and you're in the habit of leaving EPUBs open in Sigil for more than 48 hours (and since your initial post was made way less than 48 hours ago ... I'm dismissing this scenario as highly improbable).

Make absolutely certain the EPUB you're saving is the EPUB you're re-opening. Also make sure you're not meddling with files in Sigil's scratch/temp directory while Sigil has the EPUB open.
Well, the impossible is made manifestly possible

First, it's not a Mac - I'm on a Window 7 system.

Second, there's only one EPUB file in that folder, so I'm using the right EPUB.

Third, and most bizzare - I closed Sigil, went to the empty Audio and Images folders and re-pasted the missing files. I then left the Audio folder open in File Explorer and then, on another File Explorer window, clicked on the EPUB. Sigil opened up and a second later, all the files in the Audio folder were erased - right in front of my eyes! I checked, and the same thing happened in the Images folder.

It may (or may not) be helpful to note that in the C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp folder there are several Sigil subfolders, two of which (Sigil-2aKwbE and Sigil-5tMg1p) with an identical Date Modified time stamp, plus 3 more files like that, time-stamped from earlier. All of these are empty (except for an empty OEBPS folder).
JackTrade is offline   Reply With Quote