View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 06:13 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblrdr View Post
This has never been adressed it seems.

Calibre portable always defaults to (in my case) d:\_PortableApps\Calibre x64 portable\Calibre Library

You can choose another library by quick switching but after a new start it always defaults back to Calibre Library folder in its relative path.

I tried to manually set the default library to my existing library but it is ignored after a restart.

Even deleting this relative folder doesn't help. It is created at every new start.

And it always is listed in the quick switch selection.

So why is that? I can see no reason for this behaviour.

Please give us an option to remember the default library in calibre portable.

Would this be possible?

Thx
The clue is in the word "Portable", the design intent is that you install Calibre Portable on a removable storage device, put it in your pocket, and plug it in to different computers as you move between your home, workplace, beach house, yacht, ski lodge etc.

If you drop a symlink to a calibre library into the Calibre Portable folder you can hook it in the normal way via the Library->Create/Switch dialogue and it will 'stick'. This has been available ever since Calibre Portable was released.

The MKLINK command can be used to create symlinks (symbolic links), and there are third party GUI tools to make it easier, I use one called Link Shell Extension.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote