View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #3
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Which database? The calibre driveinfo.calibre and metadata.calibre files have nothing to do with the Kobo database. A logout or a factory reset should result in a database that is wiped back to factory and asking for you to re-setup your Glo. Unless you have your sideloaded books on an external uSD card, they would also be wiped and you would need to reload them. If you have your books on an external uSD card, your sideloaded books, calibre's files and other content on it would not be affected and your Glo should have re-imported your books after the factory reset or logout/login.

If you are discussing removing the KoboReader.sqlite file from inside the .kobo directory? I've never bothered to do that since the logout/login or factory reset both give you a clean database.
It's the KoboReader.sqlite file I was discussing, as I wrote this database was not cleaned up by the factory reset.

Quote:
Did you try the Kobo Glo manual factory reset procedure?
  • Power off your eReader. Try holding the power button to the right for 30 seconds
  • Press and hold the light button.
  • While holding the light button, slide the power button to the right to turn on your eReader. It may take a couple of tries.
  • Keep holding the light button until the power light blinks rapidly (discoing).
  • Release the light button.
  • You should see a Restoring message on the screen

Good luck!
I described the factory reset and its effect (or lack of) in my original message.

Quote:
I suspect that if you are seeing issues that are not cleared by the factory reset, you may have an issue with your internal uSD card. There are several threads you may find useful (search is your buddy). The two I would recommend would be the Memory Upgrade Mod Guide (With Pictures) thread and the Kobo Glo: Need SD card image thread.
I'm really pressed by the time and not really able to decrypt the various operations you point there.

Thank you for your time.
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote