View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #3
Wiggles
Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo
Tried it at work on XP and at home on Win7 with a different cable, same issue.

Yeah, I figured the on-board storage can't be completely dead if it still works as well as it does. I won't do a format unless all else fails.

I can't seem to find a lot of info on doing a firmware re-install. All the guides i looked at either use the desktop app (which can't see my device) or need Linux (over my head).

Don't know if it makes any difference, but the error message Calibre (portable) presents is:
"calibre, version 0.8.68
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

unable to open database file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 84, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 437, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 243, in books
OperationalError: unable to open database file"
Wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote