View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 10:15 PM   #1583
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Would this Utility be the place to have books marked 'finished' on my Aura, set the date (of connection)(if not already set) or a True (tick) in the configured column in the library?
You can achieve that, in two different ways.

If you just want to mark books as complete on the device and don't care about dates and things, then select the books in the library list and use the "Update metadata in device library" option. At the bottom of that dialog are options to set the reading status. You can also do this from the device list, but the option is "Change Reading Status in device library". The latter allows you to change the status for books not in the current calibre library.

The other way is the "Store/Restore current bookmark". With this, the "Store" action will fetch from the device the current reading location, percent read and the last read timestamp and put them in custom columns. The percent read does depend on the reading status on the device. If the book is "Unread" it will be cleared. If the book is "Finished", it is set to 100. Otherwise, it is whatever number is shown on the device.

The "Restore" action will update the device based on the values in the library. So, if the percent read is set to 100, it marks the book as finished. You can set this in the library manually if you don't want to use the store action.

This was originally written as a way to recover after a factory reset. That is why it stores the actual reading location. But, each field is optional (there is also the rating but that only works for purchased books). It can also be used to sync the reading position to other Kobo ereaders. I've used it this way when setting up a new device.

I have considered changing this allow using a yes/no for the status, but, this is more flexible. Plus I have an icon rule that shows a tick if it is finished or an open book plus the number if it is being read. Plus other icons depending on other columns.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote