View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 04:31 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Not something I'd want, personally. As you know, the Mobius (plastic substrate) displays have a much lower pixel density than the glass substrate does, and I don't think personally that a significant reduction in resolution is a price worth paying for a tougher and fractionally lighter device - they're already sufficiently light and strong, to my mind.
I had forgotten that. Yes 300dpi -> 200dpi on a 7 inch screen would be a steep price to
pay for lightness and a marginal increase in toughness. Maybe the Mobius resolution will improve someday. Meanwhile the 200 dpi and even 150 dpi 13 inch Sony ereaders feel and look fantastic.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote