Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #380
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaerwald View Post
I tried several mobi/azw3 with that hyphenation patch - some do work, some don't. Most of the self-made azw/mobi (text imported from epub into Kindle Previewer then converted into mobi and directly transferred to my K5) do not show hyphenation. Most Amazon ebooks do!

System is Touch 5.1.2 with patch from yesterday.

What is my problem? Please find attached an old German text from Nietzsche which shows no hyphenation on my Kindle.

Klaus
I'm relatively sure that .azw3 uses a completely different reader software, so the patch will not affect those books ("relatively", because I didn't get my hands on an .azw3 book yet). For the problem with .mobi/.azw files, I'll look into it, but it may take a week or two.

Edit: do the files where hyphenation doesn't work get block-aligned properly? If so, then it may be a problem with the book's language - it may be set incorrectly. You can check the log file from the JBPatch UI (System tab), it logs which language it is looking for.
Edit2: I verified the problem with the book that you attached. For some reason, the system doesn't request hyphenations for that book.

Last edited by ixtab; 08-01-2012 at 09:59 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote