View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #66
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Although I don't have any definite information on the Kobo Sage, I strongly suspect that they are the same processor. Netronix was always stuck on the NXP iMX6SL single core processor. The Kobo Sage and the new Nook seems to be their breakout. Every chip maker has a range of processors but Allwinner has more to do with price than performance. The sun8iw15p1 quadcore is fabricated with 28 nm technology. The Poke3 with its Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octocore is made with 14 nm. This translates to quite a difference in the performance and power savings. Also, FWIW, the 636 supports 64 bit while the Allwinner doesn't. Still, using the Allwinner is not a bad marketing decision. It's just that I'm still glad that I have my Poke3!

Edit: I don't understand the marketing of B&N. I would have had on the website, "COMING SOON, OUR INCREDIBLE NEW NOOK THAT'S A QUANTUM LEAP FORWARD!". That is, unless they've realized that it's not even going to be availible until next year?

Edit: Yeah, it probably is actually a 1.8 GHz.

Last edited by Renate; 11-28-2021 at 02:40 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote