View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 02:24 AM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Do you have Verizon? My internet is capped 250GB also. I'm safe (so far), because I tend to stream audio far more than I do video.

If these companies (manufacturers and providers) keep removing local storage from devices to force you into the cloud and then severely restrict your bandwidth; I'm going to rebel and go old school.

I'm going on vacation next month and wanted to take a tablet to watch videos. I passed on the Nexus 7 because it didn't have a card slot. I doubt there'll be any new quad-core 7" tablets with card slots at $199 by then. So, I plan to take my old DVD player and a bunch of DVDs. It's bulky and not as convenient as a tablet, but it works.
Verizon is my cell. Charter is my ISP. Verizon did away unlimited plans and now have shared data plans. I think it's $80 for a measly 2GB and talk+text. then $15 a GB on overage. This is insane in the world of streaming. 2GB is used up in no time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote