View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 07:37 AM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianswilson View Post
I'm sure I'm not the first to post about why this is broken (see attached output). I'm not a great python programmer, but this doesn't look very difficult to resolve.

If this plugin is currently not under active development, does anyone know where the source code is managed (probably GitHub, but I don't find a URL for it) and how to be added as a developer?

calibre, version 5.9.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 709, in _install_clicked
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 293, in load
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 192, in exec_module
File "calibre_plugins.fictiondb.__init__", line 11, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name 'quote' from 'urllib' (C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\app\bin\python-lib.bypy.frozen\urllib\__init__.pyc)
Read posts 91 and 92 of this thread. The plugin is dead because the site changed too much for the plugin to work. Because of this, it was never updating to install in Calibre 5.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote