View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #16256
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
<snip> It's absolutely ludicrous. And absolutely delightful! But you have to get to book 3 to really start seeing that. They are very quick reads and lots of fun!

Stitchawl
Thanks. The next books are on my list and I will try the used book store when I trade in a box of my other books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Started James Blaylock's The Last Coin last night. I love how his subtle, whimsical style lulls you into believing you're reading something very simple (almost farcical), when actually it's quite involved. Bad, apocalyptic things will happen if someone is able to gather together Judas Iscariot's original 30 pieces of silver. <snip>
Well, that one is also on my list too, as I just finished The Judas Line by Mark Everett Stone and the main part of the story was the "silver".

I just read another story, a short, about the Wendigo and it is still free at Amazon: Nicholas Antinozzi - Odd Whitefeather [Short - Wendigo Myth]. It was more of a "cozy" version, but I still enjoyed it.
Spoiler:
A short read that packs some powerful magic. When Billy Proudfoot and Terry Blackbird return to the reservation for the funeral of a beloved friend, they are shocked to find themselves alone at the funeral home. When their friend rises from his casket, they make tracks to the only man they know who can help them, Odd Whitefeather. The old man explains that a Windigo is on the loose and that the two of them must defeat it, or die trying. This is modern-day folklore that twists the present into the past, sure to bring a smile to both young and old.

So, I picked up and have started Everything Howls by Christoper Lopez when it was offered for free just recently. from amazon - ""Everything Howls brings the Wendigo back with a vengeance, places it in its classic habitat and adds an Algonquin Indian to the mix in a way that makes the story ring true. The effect is a short, entertaining novel that fully engages reader."" This is listed as horror and apparently has a lot of gore, so depending on the type of descriptive gore, I will see how I do.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote