View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #16255
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I just finished 'Life After Life' by Kate Atkinson - it was so intriguing that I read it straight through (I usually read 2-4 books simultaneously - alternating chapters). It's a very fresh take on the old saw about time travel:

What if you could go back in time and kill Hitler before WW II started?

With a whole new twist. Lots of new twists, in fact. Just when you think you've figured out Atkinson's plot, it changes ... over and over and over .... Atkinson has certainly read and thought a great deal about time travel, human nature, human fallibility, fate, and luck .... and created a fascinating melange that raises questions throughout the reading experience.

The plot centers around the premise "What if we had a chance to do it again and again ... until we finally did get it right? Wouldn't that be wonderful?"

opposed to:

"We only have one [life] after all, we should try and do our best. We can never get it right, but we must try."

It's one of those books where you want/need to read it again, knowing what you learned during your first read through ....

Highly recommended.

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 04-14-2013 at 07:34 PM.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote