View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #50
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Surely we can all agree that there is (and should be) a distinction between "just didn't resonate with me," or "I thought it was awful," or "I wasn't part of the target audience" and "difficult?" That it felt like a chore to finish a book simply because you didn't care for it has no real bearing here ... IMHO. If it did, I would be forced to admit that the vast majority of YA fiction out there is far too "difficult" for me.
My point was that in this instance I felt the author set out to make ´The inaccessible´ and succeeded.

Regardless of resonance IMHO it was intentionally tough to read, and the plot hung several lanterns on this fact throughout the work; the toughest of my meager career.

And Yes, if reading a book I personally didn´t enjoy qualified it as ¨Tough¨ there would indeed be a long list.

: )

Last edited by twobob; 08-12-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Capitalised noun Properly
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote