View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #35
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
I've had TapaTalk since January and haven't dealt with a single popup. And no one is saying take the mobile site away. They could always have both since the mobile site doesn't seem to require much upkeep.

I don't care that you don't want TapaTalk since in the end it's not up to either of us but the forum admin but I find it silly and melodramatic to call adding a feature degrading. You don't like it, don't use it.
Please re-read my post again - as you appear to have mis-read it the first time.

Tapatalk users don't get the popups - it's the people who do *not* have tapatalk installed that start getting the popups. (really what sense does it make to spam the people who already bought your product?)

More specifically: mobile android users who do not already have tapatalk installed get an annoying popup every time we visit saying the the site is "android enabled" or some such thing and get nagged to go buy tapatalk.

Why should us non-tapatalk users have to deal with this spam simply to enable it for another subset of users?

Troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote