View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #51
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
The ipad sold millions although its technical specs are total crap precisely because it was the first sub-2lb tablet.

I doubt weight had anything to do with most iPad sales. The iPad has sold millions because Apple fan boys/girls will buy anything Jobs puts out regardless of its functionality.

Case in point, I have a friend that is an avid reader and she is also an avid Apple fangirl. She adamantly refuses to consider any desktop, laptop, netbook, or phone unless it has that half eaten apple on it (we've had those discussions before). I was talking to her just after the iPad had been released and she was gushing about the new Apple device she had heard about on the television news; it was a "book reader" and she was going to have to get one. After some discussion it became clear that she had no idea that other book readers existed. She was too enthusiastic about Apple being so innovative and "leading the pack" to listen to anything else, let alone the iPad's deficiencies. I don't think she was atypical of many/most iPad purchasers.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote