View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #24
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Did you notice what version of the diagnostics it was that behaved that way on the K3?
The version number should be top right on the main menu screen.
I verified that my recently unboxed K3 with 3.0.2 firmware DOES have a menu item to delete ENABLE_DIAGS file and reboot, just as I had previously described. It is on the main menu, item "D) Disable Audo-run Of Diagnostics". I just tested it. It works just like it always did for me. The diags version is "Shasta-WFO Diagnostics Services, version 5.1.7".

I also verified that my K3 with 3.3 firmware also has this same menu item, and that it works. The diags version is "Shasta Diagnostics Services, version 5.1.6".

It seems strange that my kindle with newer firmware 3.3 has an older diags 5.1.6, when my older firmware 3.0.2 has a newer diags 5.1.7.

Not a terrible surprise considering that my first K4 came with 4.0.1 firmware, but a K4 I ordered many months later came with 4.0.0 firmware.

You should check your diags again to see if it is REALLY missing option "D)" that deletes ENABLE_DIAGS and reboots, or if you just did not notice it when (if) you used diags on your K3. If it is missing from your diags as you seem to imply, then what version is your diags?

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-12-2012 at 10:23 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote